1. It was not my idea to post these! It was Moy's idea to put some of these up through some jokes that we had batted around. Sorry, ladies, but "The Moy" is married.
2. I have never used any of these lines, nor would I, and nor would I encourage others to do so.
Lastly, as you will notice, this list is very short, which means that we need some reader participation. If you can think of corny religious (or even quasi-religious) pick-up lines that some bookish, Southern Baptist seminarian might use, please add your suggestions in the comments section.
Enjoy, and Happy Birthday, Moy!
Pick-Up Lines One Might Hear at SBTS:
7. Do you believe in special revelation, because God revealed to me that you sure are special?
6. So, how many points are you? (Think of TULIP, not a buck.)
5. Have you considered becoming a minister's wife?
4. So, what do you think of Joshua Harris' writings?
3. God told me that you'd go out on a date with me...You don't want to call God a liar, do you?
2. Would you like to help me fulfill God's will for me to be married?
1. Your name must be Grace, because you're irresistible.