Sunday, July 22, 2007

Precious Lord, Take My Hand

Wade Burleson at Grace and Truth to You posted the history of the composition of a hymn by T.A. Dorsey. The song, "Precious Lord, Take My Hand" is a reminder that some of the greatest blessings can come out of the most intense pain. It also serves a reminder that the Lord extends such grace to His children. We can thank God for this song that has been a comfort to many through the years, and I encourage you to click here and view this post.

I cannot help but be reminded of the words of the apostle Paul:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (2 Cor. 1:3-4)

1 comment:

Caity said...

Thank God that He's always there for us, and I'm so happy he comforts us, even when I reject it.