Here's the information from my journal, formatted a little differently from its original. I basically saw a problem, found a Bible passage that addressed my sin condition, and wrote a short prayer for God to change me based on His Word:
Be careful not to cause others to sin. In what ways might I do that?
- Sarcastic & critical spirit--Instead of sarcasm, give me gracious and salty speech (Colossians 4:6). Instead of a critical spirit, give me a tender heart & a humble mind (1 Peter 3:8).
- Deeper devotion to theology than God Himself--Instead of a deeper devotion to theology [than God], help me to see Christ as preeminent in all things (Colossians 1:18).
- Empty moralism--Instead of empty moralism, help me not to submit to legalism's yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1).
- Lack of evangelistic fervor--Instead of a lack of evangelistic fervor, constantly stir my heart with the thrust of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20).
- Anxiety--Instead of anxiety, remind me to be anxious for nothing but to turn to You in thankful prayer (Philippians 4:6).
- Distrust--Instead of distrust, help me to grow in love, which believes all things (1 Corinthians 13:7).